Prepare Sugar Syrup
- Add 1 cup of sugar with 1 ½ cups of water and stir lightly until it boils.
- When it boils, add 1 teaspoon of lemon and stir for another minute, then set aside.
Prepare Kollaj Rolls
- Crush almonds with a mortar and pestle or with a mixer. (Roast almonds in a pan on a stove before crushing for more flavor).
- Mix 5 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of cinnamon, and crushed almonds together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Paint a tray with a light layer of butter using a brush.
- Cut kollaj dough into smaller parts, then fill each part with 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon, sugar, and almond mix.
- Fold the sides of the kollaj dough and then roll them as if you're rolling grape-leaves.
- Place kollaj in rows on the tray.
- When all kollaj rolls are on the tray, paint the surface of the kollaj with butter using a brush.
- Bake the kollaj rolls 12-15 minutes until the golden.
- Pour sugar syrup onto kollaj rolls and put it in the oven for another minute, then garnish with ground pistachio (optional), and serve hot.