Prepare sugar syrup
- Add 1 cup of sugar with 1 and a 1/2 cup of water and stir lightly until it boils.
- Whenboils,add1teaspoonoflemonandstirforanother minute, then, leave aside.
Prepare kollaj rolls
- Crush almonds with a mortar and pestle or with a mixer. (Roast almonds in a pan on a stove before crushing for more taste).
- Mix 5tbsp of sugar,3tbsp of cinnamon, and crushed almonds together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Paint a tray with a light layer of butter using a brush.
- Cut kollaj loafs into smaller parts, then fill each part with 2tbsp of the cinnamon, sugar, and almond mix
- Fold the sides of the kollaj dough and then roll them as if you're rolling grape-leaves.
- Row kollaj in the painted tray.
- When a llkollaj rolls are in the tray, paint the surface of the kollaj with butter by brush.
- Bake the kollaj rolls until the color becomes golden roasted for 12-15 minutes.
- Pour sugar syrup into kollaj pieces and put it in the oven for another minute, garnish with Pistachi (optional), and serve it hot