Meals in the field are one of the favorite memories of any Palestinian. Farmers Lunch, with tomatoes, hot pepper, garlic and olive oil cooked over a fire and eaten with bread, is made with food readily available in any farmer's field. Here is a dinner version. All portions are approximate, use what you have!
- Use separate fry pans so all ingredients cook and don't stew. Don't turn (especially meat) until almost
- Cook all fry pans on high heat at same time, with some of Canaan's organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Fry pan 1: Add your favorite meat spice, salt & pepper to lamb. Fry with a thin payer of olive oil, and do not stir until almost cooked, then stir once.
- Fry pan 2: Add green &/or yellow pepper,
onions, jalapeños and half the garlic together, fry with 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Fry pan 3: Tomatoes, single layer, skin side down, and other half of the garlic. Flip when more than halfway cooked, then flip and add the other two skillets to it.
- Mix and serve with rice or bread for dipping.